Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- EC-JRC: GDO Analytical Report: Drought in southern Angola - October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
Ethiopia - Dire situation of IDPs in Somali region -The nutrition and food security situation has improved in most parts of Ethiopia compared to 2002 and 2003. This may be attributed to better weather conditions and to the humanitarian aid which have probably mitigated the situation. Whilst in some areas, the nutrition situation seems under-control, it is still average to precarious in most parts of Ethiopia. The Somali region is especially at risk, due to poor rainfall and the presence of IDPs.
Nutrition situation throughout 20021
Eritrea The situation in Eritrea is precarious as a result of the continuing effect of an ongoing drought that is threatening food security at the country level. The country is also still suffering the effects of the war with Ethiopia and much work needs to be done to reintegrate fighters and rehabilitate much of the land and infrastructure in war affected areas. This has left a great deal of people acutely vulnerable and suffering from chronic food insecurity. It is concerning to note that humanitarian activities remains acutely under funded.