Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July to September, Quarter 3 2019. 4 Nov 2019
The Global Humanitarian Overview published on 4 December announced funding requirements of $21.9 billion for 21 Humanitarian Response Plans and the Venezuela Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan. By the end of May, the requirements had reached $26.42 billion. The change in requirements since last month is mainly due to the finalization of the Sudan HRP ($1.15 billion) and a $103.7 million increase for Mozambique.
The Contingency Fund for Emergencies (CFE) has been a gamechanger for WHO. It allows WHO to respond rapidly to disease outbreaks and health emergencies - often in 24 hours or less. This saves lives and helps prevent unnecessary suffering. Furthermore, a quick response dramatically reduces the costs of controlling outbreaks and emergencies, as well as the wider social and economic impacts.