Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
By CHRISTABEL LIGAMI Special Correspondent
The African Medical Research Foundation (Amref) has partnered with health ministries to execute the three-year programme.
The three-year campaign dubbed “Stand up for African mothers,” aims at training midwives and create awareness about maternal deaths in the region.
Lennie Bazira, the Amref Kenya country director, said currently one skilled midwife is able to provide care for 500 mothers every year and safely deliver 100 babies.