Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
More than 1,810 cholera / AWD cases including 14 deaths have been reported in 8 out of the 21 countries in Eastern and Southern Africa Region (ESAR); with an average Case Fatality Rate of 0.8%, since the beginning of 2019. These countries include; Angola, Burundi, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Somalia, Uganda and Zimbabwe. Kenya accounts for 49.2 % (890) of the total case load reported this year, followed by Somalia at 31.4% (569). Highest Case Fatality Rates (CFR) in 2019 have been recorded in Uganda (5.7%) and Zimbabwe (5.1%).
5 out of the 21 countries in Eastern and Southern Africa Region (ESAR) have reported more than 198 cholera / AWD cases and 3 deaths with an average Case Fatality Rate of 1.5%, since the beginning of 2019. These countries include; Angola, Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Kenya accounts for 58 % (115) of the total case load reported this year, followed by Burundi at 18.7 % (37).