Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Govt reiterates fight against drought in southern region. 4 Oct 2019
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
REFUGEE POPULATIONS, NEW ARRIVALS AND DURABLE SOLUTIONS IN 70, MOSTLY DEVELOPING, COUNTRIES
At the start of 2001 the number of people ‘of concern’ to UNHCR was 21.8 million, or one out of every 275 persons on Earth. This compared with a January 1, 2000 figure of 22.3 million.
Madrid, España, 14 de septiembre de 1999
Remarks by Mrs Sadako Ogata, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees at the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia "Addressing Humanitarian Crises Through Global Solidarity: Is It Possible? Is It Effective?" Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 17 May 1999