Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
5979th Meeting (PM)
Joined by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and former Special Adviser Lakdhar Brahimi in the Security Council this afternoon, Heads of State and Government and other senior national officials stressed the importance of mediation for the peaceful settlement of disputes, in a high-level meeting occasioned by the start of the sixty-third session of the General Assembly.
Following is the text of Deputy Secretary-General Asha-Rose Migiro's remarks to the American Bar Association, in New York on 9 August:
It gives me great pleasure to address the Opening Assembly of the American Bar Association's 2008 Annual Meeting. Before I assumed office as Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations, and before I was Foreign Minister of Tanzania, I was a practising lawyer and a professor of law.