Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- SCA: Forty-two health facilities run by SCA in Wardak closed by Taliban. 20 Jul 2019
New IFRC Report calls for greater recognition and support for local humanitarian actors
Local actors are often the most effective in conducting humanitarian operations. However, despite their critical role, they struggle to attract the funding and support they need.
The 2015 World Disasters Report – launched today by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) – examines the complexities and challenges local actors face in scaling-up and sustaining their humanitarian response.
23 December 2011
This report covers the period 1 July 2011 to 31 December 2011.