Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
Most read reports
- USAID: Regional Agricultural Development Program - South (RADP-South) (Oct 2013 – Oct 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- ACTED: Driving improvements in agriculture through better education. 16 Jul 2019
- USAID: Capacity Building and Change Management program (CBCMP II) (July 2014 – July 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- USAID: Afghanistan Food Fortification Project (Oct 2015 – Sep 2017). 16 Jul 2019
Afghanistan acceded to the 1951 Convention and 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees in 2005, but has not implemented a national asylum framework.
In 2014, Afghanistan received an influx of Pakistani refugees from North Waziristan Agency; an estimated 100,000 remain in a protracted refugee-like situation.
Under its mandate, UNHCR has registered 386 asylum-seekers and refugees of various nationalities in Kabul and other urban centres.