Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview – Asia (18 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 18 January 2015: HE Sheikha Lubna Bint Khalid Al Qasimi, Minister of International Cooperation and Development, Head of the UAE Committee for the Coordination of Humanitarian Foreign Aid, said that strengthening partnerships, the unification of the international community's efforts towards international development issues, as well as the effective response to different humanitarian crises, calls for supporting the abilities of active countries and international development and humanitarian organisations.
Kabul - A delegation of the UAE Red Crescent Authority (RCA) arrived here today on a several days visit to oversee distribution of humanitarian aid and check preparations for inauguration of Sheikh Zayed City in Kabul. The head of the delegation, Abdullah Ali Al Hosani, said the visit was in line with the directives of RCA Chairman, Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister.
Dealing with rebels or calculating how much financial aid to request for an entire country destroyed in a natural disaster is what makes up the daily lives of United Nations officers working for the humanitarian cause. The UN is the latest addition to Dubai's Humanitarian City that has opened a regional office here, taking the UAE a step towards realising the humanitarian hub it seeks to become.