Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Youth underscores their key role in preventing violent extremism during UN-backed event. 23 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 81 | 1 April–30 June 2019. 22 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- War Child: Borderlands: The journey no child should have to make. 23 Jul 2019
This report covers the period 1 July to 31 December 2009.
Programme purpose: As outlined in the 2009-10 plan, the aim of the International Federation is to coordinate and support efforts at country and regional level to assist South Asian national societies to scale up their work to improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Programme summary: The disaster season throughout the region was relatively calm in its first half though Sri Lanka witnessed one of its worst dengue outbreaks in years as health authorities scrambled to contain the disease.
Late floods in India during October …