Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- Health Cluster: Afghanistan Health Cluster Operational Presence, May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
IN THIS ISSUE: SUPPORT FOR STABILITY IN FRAGILE STATES
TOWARDS PEACE AND SECURITY
Afghanistan remains a fractured country with vast problems. Pip Robertson looks at how New Zealand is helping to set the Bamyan region on a path of ongoing stability, and the wider context for reconstruction in Afghanistan.
EXERCISE TROPIC TWILIGHT
Every year the New Zealand Defence Force are deployed to a different Pacific nation to test and develop their ability to respond to natural disasters in demanding tropical environments.
Prime Minister Helen Clark said today that the Government has made decisions on military and police deployments to Afghanistan and the Gulf region for the period up until September 2009.
The deployments cover the continuation of:
- the Provincial Reconstruction Team based in Bamyan Province,
- two military personnel helping to train the Afghan National Army,
- up to five military officers serving with the International Security Assistance Force Headquarters,
- one military officer serving with the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan,
- up to two medical …