Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- SCA: Forty-two health facilities run by SCA in Wardak closed by Taliban. 20 Jul 2019
This mapping will be regularly updated :
Are you looking for :
- Accountability Working Groups at country or regional levels ?
2.Examples of inter-agency information and feedback mechanisms or call centers ?
3.Examples of inter-agency projects related to Accountability to Affected Populations ?
4.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into Humanitarian Response Plans?
5.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into key global reports ?
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was established in 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect refugees and find solutions to refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country.
AZKHEL VILLAGE, Pakistan, August 13 (UNHCR) - For 30 years, the Azkhel camp in north west Pakistan served as a welcome refuge for tens of thousands of refugees from the war in neighbouring Afghanistan. The settlement started as a cluster of makeshift tents but developed into a village with tea stalls, kebab sellers, fruit and vegetable shops and other small businesses.
"We came from the war in Afghanistan 30 years ago and made a life here," one resident, Naizbibi, who fled her homeland as an 11-year-old girl and who has since helped raise an extended family of 30 members in …