OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNAMA: ‘Whole spectrum of Afghan society’ must get behind peace talks, UN envoy tells Security Council. 10 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Too young to serve - A 16-year-old Afghan police recruit tells of his terror. 6 Sep 2019
- OCHA: UN Emergency Fund provides $75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
Most read reports
- FAO: Afghanistan: Situation report, September 2019. 16 Sep 2019
- UNAMA: Briefing to the United Nations Security Council by the Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, New York, 10 September 2019. 10 Sep 2019
- USAID: Assistance to Legislative Bodies of Afghanistan (ALBA) (April 2013 – March 2018). 16 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan: Solar Panel - Response Snapshot (1 January - 31 August 2019). 15 Sep 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
The UN Refugee agency has been working in Ukraine since 1994 and established a country office the following year. A host country agreement was signed in September 1996.
Ukraine acceded to the 1951 Convention relating to the status of refugees and the 1967 Protocol in 2002. A 2011 law regulates the treatment of refugees and other persons of concern in Ukraine In 2013, Ukraine acceded to the two UN Conventions relating to the status of stateless persons (1954) and on the reduction of statelessness (1961).
Working with Partners
In 2018, there will be Humanitarian Response Plans in 23 countries: Afghanistan, Burundi, Chad, Cameroon, CAR, DRC, Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Haiti, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Ukraine and Yemen. The HRPs for Cameroon, Chad, CAR, DRC, Somalia, Haiti, Sudan, Nigeria (and potentially Niger and Afghanistan) will be multi-year Plans.
Deadline for Completion