Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- Health Cluster: Afghanistan Health Cluster Operational Presence, May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
Dear Friend of IMC,
In the 23 years since International Medical Corps first began its work to ease human suffering, we have witnessed both the heartbreak of tragedy and the resilience of the human spirit. 2006 was no exception.
Ongoing drought beset the Horn of Africa. Indonesia and Sri Lanka struggled to recover from the tsunami of late 2004. Conflict gripped Darfur, Northern Uganda, and Afghanistan, while in Azerbaijan thousands remained displaced years after their country's ceasefire with neighboring Armenia.