Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview – Asia (18 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
« Alors que nous sommes confrontés à une palette extraordinaire de défis géopolitiques et humanitaires, à des turbulences sans précédent et à une grande angoisse liée à la crise économique et financière, l’ONU est plus que jamais nécessaire pour répondre aux besoins des populations. »
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today announced the appointment of Michael Keating of the United Kingdom as his Deputy Special Representative for Afghanistan. Mr. Keating will also serve as Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator.
Following is UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s message, delivered by Jan Kubiš, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, to the thirty-eighth session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), in Astana on 28 June:
I am pleased to greet the foreign ministers of the Organization of the Islamic Conference. I thank the Government of Kazakhstan for hosting this event.