Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
- USAID: Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN), March 2017 - September 2022. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Afghanistan Value Chains – Livestock, June 2018 - June 2023. 17 Jun 2019
1. Summary of needs from the HNO to be addressed by the cluster:
The interactive map, found at https://www.humanitarianresponse.info/en/assessments/map, allows you to check if assessments have taken place in certain locations, if they are planned or ongoing and if something has already happened in a specific sector. The interactive global Assessment registry is built from assessments uploaded on humanitarianresponse.info by OCHA, the cluster leads and humanitarian partners. You can filter by country, cluster, organization and date.
1. Summary of needs from the HNO to be addressed by the cluster (550 words):
Reporting Officer: Abdul Majid
Country/place Visited: Jalalabad Afghanistan.
Dates: 17th to 20th November 2016
Purpose of Visit: Participation in the food security cluster meeting to discuss on 1) FSAC response plan 2017, 2) gaps in response for undocumented returnees, 3) FSAC response review at Torkhum boarder. .
Programme Entity/Project: OSRO/AFG/602/USA
Date of Report: 27th November 2016
Background and Summary:
Completion of SFSA trainings in all six regions.
Organized early warning working group meeting
Conducted national and regional meetings.
Finalized 1st quarter 2016 FSAC dashboard.
Finalized 3Ws 1st quarter 2016 report and uploaded it to website
13 implementing partners have reported ongoing activities in 4 areas: Livestock, Agriculture, Food Assistance, DRR, Cash assistance
Conducted two days capacity building workshop.
Organized meeting on early warning information for FSAC
Field mission to Mazar for ERP
Conducted national and regional FSAC meetings
Conducted online IM tool training in Kabul for FSAC partners.
Finalized 3Ws 4 th quarter report to reflect on annual achievements and gap
38 implementing partners have reported ongoing activities in 5 areas: Livestock, Agriculture, Food Assistance, DRR, Cash assistance