Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- NRC: Displaced Afghans resort to desperate measures as support dwindles. 14 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Civilian casualties in Afghanistan spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: UN urges parties to heed call from Afghans: Zero civilian casualties. 30 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan Fund allocates $19.5 million to assist 500,000 vulnerable people. 24 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are still under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Weekly Humanitarian Update (12 - 19 August 2019). 21 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Midyear report on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: (1 January to 30 June 2019) [EN/Dari/PS]. 30 Jul 2019
The UN system has rapidly taken note of the seriousness of the challenges to world food security by the recent dramatic escalation of the food price crisis worldwide and recognized the need for Comprehensive Framework for Action (CFA) to address the crisis and its root causes.
The UN System has mobilized to provide a common response to the crisis that takes into account the comparative advantages of all stakeholders.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.