Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Afghan returnees face economic difficulties, unemployment [EN/Dari/Pashto]. 14 Jul 2019
- USAID: Regional Agricultural Development Program - South (RADP-South) (Oct 2013 – Oct 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- DACAAR: DACAAR Annual Report 2018. 15 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan Humanitarian Response: WASH Cluster Dashboard - Overall Cluster Figures, Achievements and Funding - (January-June 2019). 15 Jul 2019
Asia: Catching the wave of success
As the highest performing region under the Millennium Development Goals, Asia has much to shout about. Among other notable achievements, poverty has been slashed by more than two-thirds, great strides have been made in the delivery of healthcare, and primary school enrolments have surged.
The results are remarkable for a continent that is the largest on earth and home to more than half the world’s population.