Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Afghan returnees face economic difficulties, unemployment [EN/Dari/Pashto]. 14 Jul 2019
- DACAAR: DACAAR Annual Report 2018. 15 Jul 2019
- USAID: Regional Agricultural Development Program - South (RADP-South) (Oct 2013 – Oct 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan Humanitarian Response: WASH Cluster Dashboard - Overall Cluster Figures, Achievements and Funding - (January-June 2019). 15 Jul 2019
Heat wave causes more than 1,200 deaths, exacerbates drought conditions in Sindh
The Government of Pakistan (GoP) implements new registration process for international organizations
USAID/OFDA provides more than $11 million in additional funding
Renewed fighting displaces more than 20,000 families across five provinces
Targeted attacks on aid workers and foreigners result in 20 aid worker deaths
USAID/OFDA commits additional assistance to support humanitarian coordination and health initiatives
Cluster Results highlights
187 organizations delivering humanitarian services in April, May and June 2015.
Operational Presence is defined as: Organizations that are physically present in the district and are delivering a humanitarian service or implementing a humanitarian project in January, February and March. If a large organization or UN agency is implementing a project through an implementing partner (independent humanitarian actors only, NOT Government and NOT Private Contractors), the implementing partner that is physically accessing and delivering the service in the district is considered.
Approximately 48,000 Afghans have returned from Pakistan to date in 2015, reflecting a substantial rise in the daily return rate from 2014.
Severe weather events affect more than 8,800 Afghan households in February and March.
USAID/FFP provides 40,300 metric tons (MT) in emergency food assistance to Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan HCT—comprising UN, international organization, and nongovernmental organization (NGO) representatives—releases Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and Strategic Response Plan (SRP) for 2015
USAID supports winter preparedness and response activities
USAID/FFP provides 26,100 metric tons (MT) of emergency food assistance
In Implementation of the directives of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, a second Saudi humanitarian relief lane left Riyadh's King Khalid International Airport today for Afghanistan carrying 194.5 ton of relief supplies, including 94.4 ton of food. The consignment includes tents, blankets, and rugs.
President Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai met today with members of the Afghan civil society to discuss various issues of mutual interest.
The meeting was held at the Presidential Palace, where representatives of the Afghan civil society congratulated Dr. Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai on his election as the new President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Humanitarian needs persist among populations affected by floods earlier in the year.
Ongoing insecurity results in civilian casualties and displacement.
The U.S. Government (USG) responds to the complex emergency in Afghanistan with more than $199 million in FY 2014 humanitarian assistance.
Update includes the following:
Pakistan Met Department (PMD) Updates as of 5-9-2014
Widespread Moderate to Heavy intensity Rains/Thunderstorm Likely to Continue during next 24 hours
Monsoon Weather Situation Report as of 5-9-2014
Summary of Losses and Damages due to Heavy Rain as of 5-9-2014
PRCS Response Updates as of 5-9-2014
Pakistan Flood-Losses Damages Map as of 5-9-2014
Punjab Rain Flood Update Map of Pakistan as of 6-9-2014