Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- IOM: Returns to Afghanistan in 2018: Joint IOM-UNHCR Summary Report [EN/Dari/Pashto]. 25 Jun 2019
- IOM: Return of Undocumented Afghans - Weekly Situation Report (16-22 June 2019). 25 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- HNI: Support to victims of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in Afghanistan. 25 Jun 2019
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
Internal displacement is a global challenge, but it is also heavily concentrated in a few countries and triggered by few events. 28 million new internal displacements associated with conflict and disasters across 148 countries and territories were recorded in 2018, with nine countries each accounting for more than a million.
This report covers the period 1 January 2011 to 30 June 2011.
The first half of 2011 saw major disaster events occurring in several countries including Australia,
Bangladesh, China, Japan, Myanmar, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Vanuatu. Many societies across the zone continue to maintain a high level of programming in several new disaster response operations and continued comprehensive post-disaster recovery activities, while others have started reviewing their development activities in line with IFRC’s newly adopted Strategy 2020.
in this issue
P.2 Morocco Red Crescent responds to Flash Floods
P.2 WFP extends Emergency Response to Syria Drought
P.2 Afghanistan: Bleak Outlook for Food Security in 2011
P.3 Numbers that mattered in 2010
Secretary General's visit to Niger