Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Youth underscores their key role in preventing violent extremism during UN-backed event. 23 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 81 | 1 April–30 June 2019. 22 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
The bleak situation for ordinary Afghans, who are entering winter facing a food crisis and pervasive insecurity, must be top of the agenda when Gordon Brown meets Afghan president Hamid Karzai, Oxfam urged today.
Up to five million Afghans face food shortages this winter, but the increasing violence is making it difficult for aid agencies to reach those in need.
A =A3270 million United Nations appeal to help the most vulnerable Afghans was launched in July but is still less than half-funded by foreign donors.