Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNAMA: UN: Civilian population in Afghanistan must be protected from harm. 9 Jun 2019
- EU: Country of Origin Information Report: Afghanistan - Security situation (June 2019). 13 Jun 2019
- IPS: Afghan Schools Left Unprotected by Government & International Community. 6 Jun 2019
- UNAMA: Afghan women’s full participation essential to ongoing peace process, says UN envoy. 13 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 - 10 June 2019). 10 Jun 2019
Humanitarian work must be de-linked from the military and the political process in Afghanistan, says Christian Aid.
'Over the past four years the involvement of international military forces in humanitarian and development work has made it impossible for NGOs and UN agencies to occupy space between the warring parties' says Robin Greenwood, the organisation's head of Christian Aid Asia and Middle East division.
'Increasingly NGO work is threatened by communities who see it as part of someone else's agenda.'
In the south of the country, where …