Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Youth underscores their key role in preventing violent extremism during UN-backed event. 23 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 81 | 1 April–30 June 2019. 22 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
- Who are we?
The 37 national Red Cross and Red Crescent (RCRC) societies in Asia Pacific work to help the most vulnerable groups in their respective countries who are most affected by disasters and socio-economic and health crises. With their widespread network of grassroots members and volunteers, they seek to address the needs of the most vulnerable people in disaster and non-disaster situations.
The Asia Pacific region is home to more than half of the world's population, the majority of whom are poor and among the most disadvantaged in the world. Some 600 million women, men and children in the region live below the USD 1 a day poverty line, while 1.8 billion survive on less than USD 2 a day. Compounding the situation, the region is also highly disaster-prone. The diversity, scale and frequency of natural disasters across the region are daunting.