Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
Most read reports
- USAID: Regional Agricultural Development Program - South (RADP-South) (Oct 2013 – Oct 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- ACTED: Driving improvements in agriculture through better education. 16 Jul 2019
- USAID: Capacity Building and Change Management program (CBCMP II) (July 2014 – July 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- USAID: Afghanistan Food Fortification Project (Oct 2015 – Sep 2017). 16 Jul 2019
KHOWST, Afghanistan (June 27) - In two separate incidents recently, the people of Andar district, Ghazni province, have suffered at the hands of Taliban extremists.
One incident was the destruction of humanitarian aid and the other was an improvised explosive device attack. Both incidents are under investigation by the ANSF and ISAF.
Villagers reported that insurgents stole and burned humanitarian aid belonging to the people of Gongay after it was delivered to them June 19 by the Afghan National Army.
Release # 2007-261
KABUL, Afghanistan - Following the recent flooding in central and eastern Afghanistan, the Government of Afghanistan requested help for ISAF forces to evacuate people from affected areas. ISAF helicopters from Task Force Iron Grey, based at Bagram Airfield, and helicopters from the Methar Lam Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) were called in to deliver humanitarian aid for distribution by the Red Crescent.