Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- Health Cluster: Afghanistan: Attacks on Health Care in 2019, as of 24 June. 24 Jun 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 18 January 2015: HE Sheikha Lubna Bint Khalid Al Qasimi, Minister of International Cooperation and Development, Head of the UAE Committee for the Coordination of Humanitarian Foreign Aid, said that strengthening partnerships, the unification of the international community's efforts towards international development issues, as well as the effective response to different humanitarian crises, calls for supporting the abilities of active countries and international development and humanitarian organisations.
The theme of the 61st edition of Humanitarian Exchange is the humanitarian situation in Yemen. Despite a political transition process, conflict between state and non-state armed actors has exacerbated the country's long-standing humanitarian challenges and restricted access to people in need.
The global humanitarian response in 2014 aims to reach at least 52 million people with essential life-saving assistance in 17 affected countries.
There has been significant advance in reducing disaster risk in the region since the adoption, in 2005, of the International Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, the Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA) 2005-2015.
The United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates (UAE) today agreed a series of initiatives to cultivate cooperation between the two countries to tackle poverty in the developing world and respond to humanitarian crises.