Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- Health Cluster: Afghanistan Health Cluster Operational Presence, May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
Comprising 45 countries in South Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific, the region is home to more than half of the world's population, the majority of whom are poor and among the most disadvantaged in the world. Some 600 million women, men and children in the region live below the USD 1 a day poverty line, while 1.8 billion survive on less than USD 2 a day. Compounding the situation, the region is also highly disaster-prone. The diversity, scale and frequency of natural disasters in the region are daunting.
This report covers the period 01/01/08 to 30/06/08.
In a world of global challenges, continued poverty, inequity, and increasing vulnerability to disasters and disease, the International Federation with its global network, works to accomplish its Global Agenda, partnering with local community and civil society to prevent and alleviate human suffering from disasters, diseases and public health emergencies.
This programme update focuses on the work of the team in the new Asia Pacific zone office to provide leadership and guidance to International Federation …
Aquello que en su origen fue un Boletín de noticias del IECAH, instituto dedicado al estudio e investigación de la acción humanitaria, la construcción de la paz y la prevención de conflictos violentos, ha ido transformándose en una publicación que si bien sigue centrada en las novedades, las iniciativas y la actualidad del sector humanitario, da también cabida a otras áreas de la cooperación al desarrollo.