Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS Plus). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
In 2016, the Surge Capacity Section (SCS) managed 144 deployments to 32 countries.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
Geneva (ICRC) – Major crises that erupted in 2011 in the Middle East and Africa, alongside existing armed conflicts and other violent situations all over the world, caused immense suffering among millions of people that lasted well into 2012 and made them heavily dependent on aid. In addition, increasing food demand in several parts of the world continued to fuel unrest and conflict, as did the consequences of drought and floods. The worldwide economic crisis further compounded the woes felt by many.