Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNAMA: UN: Civilian population in Afghanistan must be protected from harm. 9 Jun 2019
- IPS: Afghan Schools Left Unprotected by Government & International Community. 6 Jun 2019
- UN News: Around 600,000 Afghan children face death through malnutrition without emergency funds: UNICEF. 24 May 2019
- OCHA: Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 - 10 June 2019). 10 Jun 2019
- EU: Country of Origin Information Report: Afghanistan - Security situation (June 2019). 13 Jun 2019
Regional coordination is seen as key to improving humanitarian effectiveness in the region. This is leading to discussions on the development of regional humanitarian networks and coordination platforms.
The UN and the Government of Iran are strengthening cooperation on disaster preparedness and response. A joint earthquake simulation took place in October and the Government of Iran have been encouraged to support regional and international humanitarian efforts.
Funding shortfalls are undermining the ongoing humanitarian response in Pakistan, with aid agencies cutting critical life-saving assistance.
Needs in Syria increased to an estimated 2.5 million people and the number of refugees has doubled since July. Whilst humanitarian agencies have scaled up, these efforts are being undermined by funding shortfalls.
The government of Iran led the humanitarian response to two earthquakes that left 300 dead, 2600 njured and over 150,000 affected.
On 5 October 2009, a suicide bombing in the Islamabad Headquarters of United Nations' World Food Program (WFP) marks the first time where UN Offices were directly targeted in Pakistan. Five UN employees tragically lost their lives and another …