OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Briefing to the United Nations Security Council by the Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, New York, 10 September 2019. 10 Sep 2019
- UNAMA: Midyear report on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: (1 January to 30 June 2019) [EN/Dari/PS]. 30 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- OCHA: UN’s Emergency Fund provides US$75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
A Message From Deputy Assistant Secretary Marik String
Geneva, 25 June 2019
Your Excellency Vice-President Hilale,
Monsieur le Vice-President, dear Omar, thank you very much for your opening remarks and for your leadership of the ECOSOC Humanitarian Affairs Segment. Thank you also to the President of ECOSOC and the ECOSOC Bureau members for your support. And I also want to thank the co-facilitators for this year’s resolution, Donatirin Sahadatun of Indonesia and Gilles Cerutti of Switzerland, for your work this year.
"This 17th Edition of To Walk the Earth In Safety summarizes the United States' CWD programs in 2017. CWD assistance provides the United States with a powerful and flexible tool to help partner countries manage their stockpiles of munitions, destroy excess small arms and light weapons (SA/LW) and clear explosive hazards such as landmines, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and UXO. Our assistance also helps countries destroy or enhance security of their man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) and their threat to civilian aviation, in addition to other weapons and munitions.
Using affected people’s perceptions to better manage humanitarian response
by Geneviève Cyvoct and Alexandra T. Warner