Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- NRC: Displaced Afghans resort to desperate measures as support dwindles. 14 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Civilian casualties in Afghanistan spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: UN urges parties to heed call from Afghans: Zero civilian casualties. 30 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan Fund allocates $19.5 million to assist 500,000 vulnerable people. 24 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are still under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Midyear report on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: (1 January to 30 June 2019) [EN/Dari/PS]. 30 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Women’s rights spotlighted at UN-backed event in Afghanistan’s northeast. 22 Aug 2019
● 22 May 2015: CHF 296,549 was released from the IFRC’s Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) to meet the immediate needs of 10,000 migrants arriving in the islands of Rhodes, Kos, Chios, Lesvos, Samos and Crete.
● 24 July 2015: DREF Operations Update was issued
● 2 September 2015: Emergency Appeal was launched for CHF 3.03 million to assist 45,000 beneficiaries, prioritising the islands of Lesvos, Samos, Kos, capital city of Athens and the border area between Greece and former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.