Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Health Sector Resiliency (HSR) (Sep 2015 – Sep 2020). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS Plus). 19 Jul 2019
A Message From Deputy Assistant Secretary Marik String
The new centrality of protection in humanitarian action 2018 review is out. The five country case studies selected for the 2018 GPC Review (Afghanistan, South Sudan, Ukraine, Whole of Syria and Yemen) allow for more context specific reflection and highlight particular issues around accountability, shrinking humanitarian space, localisation and the humanitarian-peace-development nexus. The country studies also highlight innovative practice in overcoming the challenges faced by protection clusters in leading the development and implementation of many protection activities.
● 22 May 2015: CHF 296,549 was released from the IFRC’s Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) to meet the immediate needs of 10,000 migrants arriving in the islands of Rhodes, Kos, Chios, Lesvos, Samos and Crete.
● 24 July 2015: DREF Operations Update was issued
● 2 September 2015: Emergency Appeal was launched for CHF 3.03 million to assist 45,000 beneficiaries, prioritising the islands of Lesvos, Samos, Kos, capital city of Athens and the border area between Greece and former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Good achievements but need for more