OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNAMA: ‘Whole spectrum of Afghan society’ must get behind peace talks, UN envoy tells Security Council. 10 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Too young to serve - A 16-year-old Afghan police recruit tells of his terror. 6 Sep 2019
- OCHA: UN Emergency Fund provides $75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
Most read reports
- UNAMA: Briefing to the United Nations Security Council by the Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, New York, 10 September 2019. 10 Sep 2019
- FAO: Afghanistan: Situation report, September 2019. 16 Sep 2019
- USAID: Assistance to Legislative Bodies of Afghanistan (ALBA) (April 2013 – March 2018). 16 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan: Solar Panel - Response Snapshot (1 January - 31 August 2019). 15 Sep 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
(Geneva and New York: 12 October 2006): Convening in Geneva today, the Advisory Group to the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) will examine the success of the Fund in its first seven months of operation and recommend a funding goal for 2007.
Fifty-two Member States, Japan's Hyogo Prefecture and the private organization Disaster Resource Network have pledged more than $273 million to the Fund's grant facility since its 9 March 2006 inauguration.
(New York: 29 September 2006): As of 30 September 2006, the United Nations will have committed $173.5 million from the new Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) for more than 250 projects in 26 countries.
During the Fund's first seven months, $96.6 million has been disbursed from the rapid response facility for new and/or rapidly deteriorating emergencies in 16 countries, including Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lebanon, Niger, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, and …