Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- NRC: Displaced Afghans resort to desperate measures as support dwindles. 14 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Civilian casualties in Afghanistan spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: UN urges parties to heed call from Afghans: Zero civilian casualties. 30 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan Fund allocates $19.5 million to assist 500,000 vulnerable people. 24 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are still under attack. 21 Aug 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: UN reminds parties of their responsibility to protect civilians - Civilian casualty rates spike in July. 3 Aug 2019
- UNAMA: Midyear report on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: (1 January to 30 June 2019) [EN/Dari/PS]. 30 Jul 2019
- UNAMA: Women’s rights spotlighted at UN-backed event in Afghanistan’s northeast. 22 Aug 2019
(Geneva and New York: 12 October 2006): Convening in Geneva today, the Advisory Group to the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) will examine the success of the Fund in its first seven months of operation and recommend a funding goal for 2007.
Fifty-two Member States, Japan's Hyogo Prefecture and the private organization Disaster Resource Network have pledged more than $273 million to the Fund's grant facility since its 9 March 2006 inauguration.
(New York: 29 September 2006): As of 30 September 2006, the United Nations will have committed $173.5 million from the new Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) for more than 250 projects in 26 countries.
During the Fund's first seven months, $96.6 million has been disbursed from the rapid response facility for new and/or rapidly deteriorating emergencies in 16 countries, including Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lebanon, Niger, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, and …