Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- World Bank: Afghanistan Development Update: April 2019. 21 Jul 2019
- WHO: One or more at a time: building infectious disease wards in hospitals in different provinces across Afghanistan. 21 Jul 2019
- Education Cluster: Afghanistan: Education in Emergencies Working Group (EiEWG) Dashboard – Jan - June 2019. 21 Jul 2019
- GPEI: Polio this week as of 17 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
IN THIS ISSUE:
Parliamentary and provincial council elections pass off relatively peacefully but turnout is much lower than in presidential elections
A number of candidates are killed or injured, both before and after the elections.
President Karzai raises questions about the continuing need for US involvement in counter-insurgency operations in Afghanistan.
With Turkmenistan's gas reserves less than expected, the prospects for a trans-Afghanistan pipeline appear less likely.
BAAG Afghanistan Monthly Review
During the period leading up to the elections, a …
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.
Period covered: 23 May to 28 August, 2005
Appeal coverage: 109.4%
- Launched on 31 March 2005 for CHF 2,235,000 (USD 1,925,894 or EUR 1,451,770) for 6 months to assist 70,000 beneficiaries.
- Operations Update No.
Brussels, 8 September 2005 - Since the fall of the Taliban, the stabilisation of Afghanistan has been a major external priority for the European Union. The European Union (EU) has been a key supporter of Afghanistan’s transition, providing substantial political, military and humanitarian and reconstruction aid.