Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
- Nutrition Cluster: Afghanistan - Prevalence of Global Acute Malnutrition (GAM) - March 2019. 23 May 2019
- ECHO: Afghanistan - Attacks on health facilities (DG ECHO, Partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 23 May 2019). 23 May 2019
- FEWS NET: Afghanistan Seasonal Monitor: May 22, 2019. 23 May 2019
- WHO: WHO Afghanistan Situation Report - March 2019. 10 May 2019
Experts meet in Delhi to discuss how South Asian countries could adopt the new drought monitoring system to better prepare and mitigate drought risks
There is agreement in the scientific community that the global food system will experience unprecedented pressure in the coming decades – demographic changes, urban growth, environmental degradation, increasing disaster risk, food price volatility, and climate change will all affect food security patterns.
Story of the Month: August 2009
The researchers who chose the name for an improved wheat variety - Solh-02 (meaning "peace") - released in Afghanistan during 2003 had a pretty good idea of the true meaning of this word for the country's mostly rural people.