Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNAMA: Violence continuing to inflict ‘high levels of harm’ on Afghan civilians. 24 Apr 2019
- UNAMA: UN-backed local peace initiative ends longstanding dispute in Nangarhar. 23 Apr 2019
Most read reports
- WHO: WHO Afghanistan Situation Report - March 2019. 10 May 2019
- Finnish Red Cross: Airbus test flight from Helsinki-Vantaa to Kabul was loaded with 500 Red Cross family tents. 17 May 2019
- UNAMA: Preserving hard-fought women’s rights a must, say Bamyan civic leaders. 16 May 2019
- OHCHR: Afghanistan Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict Annual Report 2018 [EN/Dari/PS]. 24 Feb 2019
- GCR2P: R2P Monitor, Issue 45 (15 May 2019). 15 May 2019
Experts meet in Delhi to discuss how South Asian countries could adopt the new drought monitoring system to better prepare and mitigate drought risks
There is agreement in the scientific community that the global food system will experience unprecedented pressure in the coming decades – demographic changes, urban growth, environmental degradation, increasing disaster risk, food price volatility, and climate change will all affect food security patterns.
Story of the Month: August 2009
The researchers who chose the name for an improved wheat variety - Solh-02 (meaning "peace") - released in Afghanistan during 2003 had a pretty good idea of the true meaning of this word for the country's mostly rural people.