Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- Health Cluster: Afghanistan Health Cluster Operational Presence, May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
Some 170 extended households (comprising some 1,740 people) in the Mateare municipality, just northwest of Managua, are gaining new skills to raise nutritious food, with the help of CWS and local partner, the Center of Inter-Ecclesial Theological and Social Studies, CIEETS.
Sustainable and efficient agriculture is crucial to achieving food security. With appropriate technologies and practices, farm families can maintain a sustainable human-soil balance.