Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: Over five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- UNAMA: UN: Civilian population in Afghanistan must be protected from harm. 9 Jun 2019
- USAID: Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN), March 2017 - September 2022. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Afghanistan Value Chains – Livestock, June 2018 - June 2023. 17 Jun 2019
Thirteen major aid agencies agreed today to join forces for a Disasters Emergency Committee Asia Quake Appeal, which will provide urgently needed help to the people suffering in the South Asia earthquake.
The DEC having reviewed the situation facing those affected by the Earthquake of the 25th. March, does not anticipate calling a National Appeal on behalf of its Members.
The DEC is very encouraged by the international donor support being declared in Tokyo to help the new Interim Government and their partners both local and international tackle the huge needs, both immediate and longer term.
"The DEC has three criteria that need
to be met to the satisfaction of the Trustees before a national appeal
is requested from the Broadcasters."
-The disaster must be on such a scale and of such urgency as to call for swift international humanitarian assistance.