Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- IOM: Returns to Afghanistan in 2018: Joint IOM-UNHCR Summary Report [EN/Dari/Pashto]. 25 Jun 2019
- IOM: Return of Undocumented Afghans - Weekly Situation Report (16-22 June 2019). 25 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
How your donation is being spent - JDC Q&A
On Saturday morning, October 8th, a 7.6 magnitude earthquake struck northern Pakistan, approximately 60 miles northeast of Islamabad. The most severely affected areas are the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) of Pakistan, northern Punjab, Pakistani Kashmir in Pakistan, and Indian Kashmir in India. Afghanistan also sustained damage and loss of life.
Reports indicate that over 30,000 were killed, many of whom were children. This death toll is expected to rise as roads are cleared and demolished villages become accessible.
American Jewish World Service is raising funds for the victims of the series of earthquakes that devastated the Nahrin district of Afghanistan. AJWS has been working on the ground in Afghanistan for two years and will be responding directly to the victims' immediate needs of food as asistance, temporary shelter, and other non-food items.