Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
- USAID: Disease Surveillance and Prevention (DEWS) (July 2014 – June 2022). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS Plus). 19 Jul 2019
- USAID: Health Sector Resiliency (HSR) (Sep 2015 – Sep 2020). 19 Jul 2019
Humanitarian organisations have major concerns for the protection of thousands of refugees and migrants who are now in overcrowded detention facilities on the Greek islands and may soon be returned to Turkey.
The system for assessing asylum claims in the Greek islands and mainland is understaffed and inadequate, and there is limited safe and acceptable accommodation to host asylum-seekers pending their decision.
SCENARIOS FOR APRIL – SEPTEMBER 2016
These scenarios are a description of situations that could occur in the coming six months, with their associated humanitarian consequences. The aim is to support strategic planning, create awareness, and promote preparedness activities for those responding to this crisis.
See the Methodology section for more information on how these scenarios were developed.