Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
1 DECEMBER 2010 | Kabul, AFGHANISTAN - On World AIDS Day, government health officials, the United Nations and its partners identify priority measures needed to tackle the increasing public health concern that HIV/AIDS poses in Afghanistan.
Although Afghanistan currently falls under a low HIV epidemic level category, there is evidence of a concentrated HIV epidemic, in particular among Injecting Drug Users (IDUs) who share needles. Other marginalized groups such as prisoners and migrants or displaced people are also vulnerable to the risk of infection with HIV.