Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Helpdesk Report: K4D - Agriculture in Afghanistan – economic sustainability and subsector viability. 24 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Integrated Drought Response, May 2019. 24 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Education under attack: Six portraits. 24 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan Operational Fact Sheet, 31 May 2019. 23 Jun 2019
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 3
Promotion and protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the right to development
1. A targeted killing is the intentional, premeditated and deliberate use of lethal force, by States or their agents acting under colour of law, or by an organized armed group in armed conflict, against a specific individual who is not in the physical custody of the perpetrator.
Agro-meteorilogical overview for Sep-Oct 2006
The present Bulletin is dedicated to the analysis of the agro-meteorological situation in Russia and Central Asian countries during the period from the beginning of September to the end of October 2006.
Crops. This is the time for winter crop sowing and emergence in most countries of the region. Summer crops were harvested already practically in all countries of the region. Wheat and barley are the main crops cultivated during the winter period in most countries of the region.
10 December 2004, Rome -- "Mountains cover one quarter of the earth's land surface. They are home to 12 percent of the world's population. However, mountain people are affected by conflict disproportionately to their numbers and the land they occupy," Michel Savini, Assistant Director-General and Directeur de Cabinet of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said today.
Tchétchénie, Angola, Ethiopie, Somalie, Birmanie, Afghanistan, Colombie, - Des pays parmi d'autres qui, depuis des années, sont en proie à des conflits latents ou déclarés. Les crises qu'ils subissent n'en finissent pas de durer, mais les caméras ont déserté, ce sont des crises oubliées. Pourtant la souffrance des populations civiles déplacées, affamées, terrorisées, demeure. Dans certains cas, même les ONG ne sont plus présentes.