Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack in Afghanistan. 10 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Two million Afghan children cannot reach their full potential due to undernutrition. 2 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: Scores of children among casualties in Kabul attack - UNICEF. 1 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- USAID: USAID Launches National Agricultural Education Conference [EN/Dari]. 17 Jul 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- USAID: Regional Agricultural Development Program - South (RADP-South) (Oct 2013 – Oct 2017). 16 Jul 2019
- USAID: No longer struggling to make ends meet. 17 Jul 2019
- ACTED: Driving improvements in agriculture through better education. 16 Jul 2019
THE YEAR IN REVIEW
By Dr Marc Biot, Dr Isabelle Defourny, Marcel Langenbach, Kenneth Lavelle, Bertrand Perrochet and Teresa Sancristoval, Directors of Operations
Regional update – Asia and the Pacific
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner’s Programme
1-5 October 2018
A. Situational context including new developments
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.