OCHA Afghanistan Digital Situation Report (external link) EN
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNAMA: ‘Whole spectrum of Afghan society’ must get behind peace talks, UN envoy tells Security Council. 10 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Too young to serve - A 16-year-old Afghan police recruit tells of his terror. 6 Sep 2019
- OCHA: UN Emergency Fund provides $75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
- Theirworld: Education can help to bring peace in Afghanistan - but not while schools are under attack. 21 Aug 2019
Most read reports
- UNAMA: Briefing to the United Nations Security Council by the Secretary-General’s Special Representative for Afghanistan, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, New York, 10 September 2019. 10 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan: Solar Panel - Response Snapshot (1 January - 31 August 2019). 15 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Afghanistan: Community Based Protection - Response Snapshot (1 January - 31 August 2019). 15 Sep 2019
- Save the Children: At least 25 children hospitalised after Ghazni car bomb attack. 10 Jul 2019
- OCHA: UN’s Emergency Fund provides US$75 million to eight underfunded crises. 5 Sep 2019
Landmines continue to kill or maim more than 4,000 people yearly
United Nations appeals for $498 million to address the challenge in 29 countries
GENEVA - Mine action initiatives in 29 countries, territories or peacekeeping missions will cost $498 million in 2011, according to the 14th edition of the annual Portfolio of Mine Action Projects, released today by the United Nations in Geneva.
The portfolio is an annual snapshot of the impact of landmines and explosive remnants of war in countries or territories with mine action programmes.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
Power of humanity