Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview – Asia (18 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
With the continued implementation of new border policies along the Western Balkans migration route, thousands more people are currently stranded en route.
As of 3rd of March, thousands of migrants are stranded at various points along the Western Balkan corridor following the implementation of stricter border policies over the past two weeks, including more than 10,000 at Idomeni and nearly 6,000 which are waiting elsewhere in Greece. Many of these people will likely not gain passage to Europe due to new policies.
This document summarises key findings from data collected between 1-7 February 2016, drawing on primary data from group interviews with migrants/refugees* and analysis of mainstream and social media.
This document summarizes key findings from data collected between 1-24 January 2016, drawing on primary data from group interviews with migrants* and analysis of mainstream and social media.