Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
- USAID: Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN), March 2017 - September 2022. 17 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
Serbian authorities said two migrants died and two others were in serious condition after hiding in a tanker truck near the border with Hungary.
The men were discovered on May 21 in northern Serbia when the truck driver opened the tank and saw them lying unconscious.
Hospital officials in Novi Sad told RFE/RL’s Balkan Service that the migrants suffered heatstroke and suffocation. One died on May 22 and the other died overnight. The two others are in intensive care.
According to the Serbian Interior Ministry, at least two of the migrants were from Afghanistan.