Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: Over five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNAMA: UN: Civilian population in Afghanistan must be protected from harm. 9 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- IOM: IOM - Humanitarian Assistance Programme (HAP) Weekly Report (29 May - 11 June 2019). 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Afghanistan Value Chains – Livestock, June 2018 - June 2023. 17 Jun 2019
Marina Lažetić and Teodora Jovanović
• 2,698 refugees and migrants arrived: 2,668 from fYRo Macedonia and 30 from Bulgaria.
• 4,164 asylum-seekers departed to Croatia.
• 3,893 asylum seekers were registered on 11 December, 4,298 on 12 December and 3,322 on 13 December, bringing the total for 2015 to 528,477.
The International Organization for Migration estimates that 350,000 refugees and migrants from the Middle East and Africa have crossed into the European Union between January and August of 2015, a significant increase over previous years. The largest group are those fleeing civil war in Syria, followed by smaller populations from Afghanistan, Eritrea, Nigeria and Kosovo.