Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- UNAMA: UN: Civilian population in Afghanistan must be protected from harm. 9 Jun 2019
- IPS: Afghan Schools Left Unprotected by Government & International Community. 6 Jun 2019
- UN News: Around 600,000 Afghan children face death through malnutrition without emergency funds: UNICEF. 24 May 2019
- OCHA: Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 - 10 June 2019). 10 Jun 2019
- EU: Country of Origin Information Report: Afghanistan - Security situation (June 2019). 13 Jun 2019
“I have been here for five days already, outside and without a roof over my head. I can’t sleep, it’s too cold, and I have to be awake in case they [police] call my number.”
Beaten, Extorted, Shoved Back Across the Border
(New York, April 15, 2015) – Asylum seekers and migrants in Serbia experience harassment and abuse at the hands of Serbian police, Human Rights Watch said today.
The long-running debate about whether seeking justice for grave international crimes interferes with prospects for peace has intensified as the possibility of national leaders being brought to trial for human rights violations becomes more likely. The International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague, which is mandated to investigate and prosecute war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide, has already issued its first arrest warrant for a sitting head of state-Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir.