Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN), March 2017 - September 2022. 17 Jun 2019
Federally-owned company will assist nationwide in rehabilitation
Eschborn, 10 September 2003 - The Deutsche Gesellschaft f=FCr Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) has been commissioned by the World Bank to conduct nationwide operations in Afghanistan. The aim of these activities is to strengthen village structures, improve training and education, promote agriculture and rehabilitate infrastructure.
The Afghan governments National Solidarity Programme is geared to around 7,500 Afghan communities distributed throughout all 32 provinces in the country.