Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- DFID: More than five million Afghans will receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UNICEF: Afghanistan sees three-fold increase in attacks on schools in one year – UNICEF. 28 May 2019
- UN News: About 600,000 Afghan children face death from malnutrition without emergency funds. 24 May 2019
- IOM: A third of Afghans have migrated or been displaced since 2012: IOM. 21 May 2019
Most read reports
- OCHA: Afghanistan: Snapshot of Population Movements (Jan to May 2019)(As of 17 June 2019). 18 Jun 2019
- DFID: Over five million Afghans to receive emergency life-saving UK aid. 17 Jun 2019
- UN GA: The situation in Afghanistan and its implications for international peace and security - Report of the Secretary General (A/73/902–S/2019/493). 18 Jun 2019
- USAID: Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, May 2018 - May 2023. 17 Jun 2019
- USAID: Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN), March 2017 - September 2022. 17 Jun 2019
KABUL - In Afghanistan today, in the face of overwhelming need, even small interventions are producing real progress.
MAZAR-I-SHARIF, Afghanistan - The full waiting room at the Char Bolak clinic is clear sign that life is getting better in one northern village, thanks in part to a small non-governmental organization supported by UNFPA. Childbirth has become safer here since prenatal exams and supplies for clean home deliveries have become available.
World Population Day; A personal story
A baby boy weighing 2.85 kilograms was the first infant delivered at the newly rebuilt maternity ward of Kabul's Khair Khana hospital, which reopened at the end of March. The mother, 40, was in good shape and proud to be the first woman to give birth in the new facility. It was her sixth pregnancy and second child, following four miscarriages.